Special resources for members
- Cognitive Linguistics Bibliography (CogBib), free direct access for ICLA members after login
- Cognitive Linguistics journal (De Gruyter Mouton, 1990-), the journal of the ICLA; direct access to online journal via ICLA website (journal page) after login (members with online subscription)
TROLLing (Tromsø Repository of Language and Linguistics)
The Tromsø Repository of Language and Linguistics (a project launched by Laura Janda, University of Tromsø, Norway) is designed as an archive of linguistic data and statistical code. The archive is open access, which means that all information is available to everyone.
- Pragmatics and Cognition (Benjamins, 1993-)
- (Annual) Review of Cognitive Linguistics (Benjamins, 2003-)
- Constructions (peer-reviewed e-journal, University of Düsseldorf, 2004-)
- CogniTextes, (peer-reviewed e-journal of AFLiCo, the French Cognitive Linguistics Association, an ICLA affiliate organization, AFLiCO 2007-)
- Language and Cognition (Mouton, 2009-)
- Cognitive Linguistic Studies (Benjamins, 2014-)
- Constructions and Frames (Benjamins, 2009)
- International Journal of Cognitive Linguistics (Nova Science Publishers, 2010-)
- Cognitive Semantics (Brill, 2015-)
- Cognitive Linguistics Research (CLR), series editors Dirk Geeraerts, Rene Dirven, John Taylor, Ronald Langacker (Mouton, 1990-)
- Human Cognitive Processing (HCP), series editors Klaus-Uwe Panther and Linda L. Thornburg (Benjamins, 1998-)
- Cognitive Linguistics in Practice (CLiP), series editors Carita Paradis and Stefanie Wulff (Benjamins, 2004-)
- Constructional Approaches to Language, series editors Miriam Fried, Jan-Ola Østman (Benjamins, 2004-)
- Language, Context, and Cognition, series editor Anita Steube (Mouton, 2004-)
- The Expression of Cognitive Categories (ECC), series editors Wolfgang Klein, Stephen Levinson (Mouton, 2006-)
- Applications of Cognitive Linguistics, series editors Gitte Kristiansen, Michel Achard, Rene Dirven, Francisco J. Ruiz de Mendoza (Mouton, 2006-)
- Advances in Cognitive Linguistics, series editors Vyv Evans, Ben Bergen, and Jørg Zinken (Equinox, 2007-)
Cognitive Linguistics Readers
- Geeraerts, Dirk. 2006. Cognitive Linguistics: Basic Readings. Berlin: Mouton
- Vyvyan Evans, Ben Bergen, and Jørg Zinken. 2007. The Cognitive Linguistics Reader. London: Equinox
- Littlemore, Jeanette and John R. Taylor (Editors), 2014. The Bloomsbury Companion to Cognitive Linguistics. London: Bloomsbury.
Cognitive Linguistics Textbooks
- Croft, William and D. Alan Cruse. 2004. Cognitive Linguistics. Cambridge University Press.
- Evans, Vyvyan, and Melanie Green. 2006. Cognitive Linguistics: An Introduction, Edinburgh University Press.
- Kövecses, Zoltán. 2010. Metaphor: A Practical Introduction, Oxford University Press.
- Kövecses, Zoltán. 2006. Language, Mind, and Culture: A Practical Introduction, Oxford University Press.
- Langacker, Ronald. 2008. Cognitive Grammar. A Basic Introduction. Oxford University Press.
- Lee, David. 2002. Cognitive Linguistics: An Introduction Oxford University Press.
- Taylor, John. 2002. Cognitive Grammar.Oxford University Press.)
- Ungerer, Friedrich and Hans-Joerg Schmid, 2006. An Introduction to Cognitive Linguistics. London: Pearson Longman
- Dancygier, Barbara and Eve Sweetser, 2014. Figurative Language, CambridgeUniv Press).
- Ibarretxe-Antuñano, Iraide and Javier Valenzuela (2012) Linguística Cognitiva. Barcelona: Anthropos
Cognitive Linguistics reference works
- Geeraerts, Dirk and Hubert Cuyckens. 2010. Handbook of Cognitive Linguistics. Oxford University Press.
- A Glossary of Cognitive Linguistics, by Vyvyan Evans (due out December 2007, Univ. of Utah Press)
- Cognitive Linguistics Bibliography (CogBib), (CD, Mouton 2005, free with Cognitive Linguistics subscription/ICLA membership)
- Bibliography of Metaphor and Metonymy (MetBib), (online subscription, Benjamins 2007, special offer for ICLA members)
- Cognitive Linguistics: An Introductory Bibliography, an annotated online bibliography of CL by Dick Hudson, 2000
- Bibliography of Cognitive Linguistics Analyses of Slavic Data, compiled by Laura A. Janda and Liljana Saric (.pdf download, updated 2009)
Volumes explicitly about usage-based linguistics
- Barlow, Michael, and Suzanne Kemmer, eds. 2000. Usage-Based Models of Language. Stanford: CSLI Publications.
- Bybee, Joan. 2001. Phonology and Language Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics 94).
- Bybee, Joan, and Paul Hopper, eds. 2001. Frequency and the Emergence of Linguistic Structure. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins. (Typological Studies in Language 45.)
- Mukherjee, Joybrato. 2005. English Ditransitive Verbs: Aspects of Theory, Description and a Usage-Based Model. (Language and Computers 53.) Amsterdam, New York: Rodopi.
- Tomasello, Michael. 2003. Constructing a Language: A Usage-Based Theory of Language Acquisition. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
Resource websites relevant to Cognitive Linguistics
- Conceptual Blending, online bibliography on The Infography, expert-refereed knowledge site
- Center for the Cognitive Science of Metaphor Online, University of Oregon
- Metaphor and Metonymy Abstracts, University of Leeds
- The Conceptual Metaphor Home Page, George Lakoff
- CogWeb, communication, cognition and cultural studies, UCLA
- Mental Space Lab, University of Southern Denmark
- The Center for Semiotics, Aarhus University
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Cognitive Language Studies (ICCLS), University of Munich