The ICLA aims at encouraging graduate student participation in the ICLC. Student participants (both members and non-members) can expect to pay substantially reduced registration fees. In addition, ICLC now offers scholarships to students who wish to attend the ICLC but have little or no travel funding. The amount awarded is limited to maximally 400€ (within continent) or 600€ (outside continent) per applicant. Grants can only be used to cover the cost of registration, travel, and accommodation, based on student prices.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee convened by the Board. The primary criteria are listed below. The number of scholarships as well as the amount per scholarship may be adjusted depending on the number of applications.
Applicants are expected to:
- be accepted to have a poster or oral presentation at the ICLC (no funding is available for attendance only);
- be officially registered as a graduate student or postdoc;
- not have sufficient funding for conference travel (specific information should be given in the student statement);
- preference might be given to applicants from countries facing economic difficulties.
Applicants need not be members of the ICLA.
Applicants must complete the Google form by February 27, 2019. The following information will be requested. Please ensure you have this information, including the statement from your supervisor, before you begin:
- Title of presentation
- If you are a co-author, will you be presenting?
- Estimated conference travel cost (ground/air transportation and accommodation, in Euro)
- Topic of PhD Dissertation / Postdoc Project
- Expected date of program completion
- Supervisor name
- Student statement: Briefly state the significance of your attendance at ICLC15 to your dissertation progress and career goals; mention other sources of funding, if any, for traveling to the conference; comment on the relationship between your current project and your ICLC15 presentation. (150 word maximum)
- Supervisor statement: [download a form-fillable PDF here]
The ICLA Board holds the right to change some aspect of the procedure should this be necessary, or adjust the amount of the scholarship depending on the number of high quality applications. Applicants will be informed should this be the case.
If you have any questions, please contact the ICLA President, Barbara Dancygier, at: barbara(dot)dancygier(at)ubc(dot)ca.
The ICLA Student Scholarship was launched in 2017, by the ICLA Board and President Maarten Lemmens; it was revised by the Board in January 2019