The conference starts on Wednesday 28 August with a social gathering (evening, optional) and formally opens on Thursday 29 August at 9.00AM. The conference closes on Saturday 31 August at the end of the afternoon.
The Metaphor Festival is an annual conference on the use of figurative language and other modes of figurative expression. It offers an opportunity to present and learn about research findings concerning the structures, functions, and effects of figurative language in different types of human communication. Contributions to the Festival can address tropes such as metaphor, metonymy, hyperbole and irony.
This year's keynote speakers:
- prof. dr. Anjan Chatterjee (Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania)
- dr. Bodo Winter (Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics, University of Birmingham).
- Word limit: Abstracts should be 300 words maximum and should be written in English (please provide glosses or translations for examples in other languages).
- Structure: Abstracts reporting on empirical data should have four sections: introduction, methods, findings, and conclusions. Abstracts providing a purely theoretical or philosophical contribution should have three sections: introduction, main argument, and conclusions.
- Take-home message: All abstracts should end with a one-sentence take-home-message.
- Double-blind review: Authors need to make sure that their identities cannot be retrieved from the abstract itself, and should include blind reference to their work that is not yet publicly available (i.e., papers in press, under review and. or in preparation).
Please visit http://metaphorlab.org/metaphor-festi…/metaphor-festival-19/ for the call for papers.
Deadline for submission is 15 March 2019.
DEADLINE EXTENSION – final deadline 31 March 23:59 (local time in Amsterdam)
The onlinesubmission system can be accessed here: https://metfest19.sciencesconf.org/ .
For further information please visit the conference website: http://metaphorlab.org/metaphor-festival/metaphor-...
Comment on this blogpost
There are no comments.
You need to be logged in to post comments.